As many of you know, we make the bulk of our living at fine craft shows, along with some wholesale work for farms, and the fashion, accessory, and home good industries. Since the Stay at home order hit here in New York State we have been radio silent while we try to figure out what to do next, as you can imagine it is a giant pivot for us, but luckily we are young, scrappy, and persistent.
We have been working on many initiatives to shore up our business during these uncertain times and want to let you know that we are not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.
Below you can check out what we have been up to:
- The Working Weaver Society. We took this time as an opportunity to launch the Working Weaver Society, something that we have been talking about for years and with starting a business we just never had the time to devote to it, now, we do. The Working Weaver Society is a place that we are looking to post resources of all kinds for working professional weavers. We have big plans and have already launched the first couple initiatives…
- We launched a Weave Along (free to anyone who wants to join and open to all levels). We are going to be running them in 6 weeks on, 1 week off cycles. The weave alongs are topic based so you can use whatever material you already have, and you can choose whatever structure you want to complete the project. We are having zoom meetings at the beginning, middle, and end of each one so that we can connect to our community.
- The Working Weaver Podcast is also beginning to take shape. We begin recording interviews next week! The podcast trailer is planned to drop on May 1, 2020, and new episodes will follow every Friday. This podcast will focus on answering questions submitted to us by weavers at all levels, as well as interviewing and learning about how professional working weavers survive and thrive. If you have a weaving question you would like answered please head over to our website and submit your question.
- Stash Busting Projects. We also began developing stash busting projects that we are selling on our website, you can check the first one out here, were happy to say that its been a hit, and we are already planning the next one, a set of name-drafted hand towels.
- New home products. We are taking some of this extra time to design and develop new and exciting products for you home, including shibori blankets, rugs, towels, and more so keep an eye out for those announcements.
As a side know please know that we are doing our best to add new product to our website, and we are actively taking custom orders, so if you want something please let us know :)
-Tegan & Eric.