So, I sometimes really want to kick myself for mistakes that I make. Especially when it is a really basic and fundamental part of the weaving process in general.
Typically, when I design a project, I look up the manufacturer’s suggested sett for the yarn AND I also measure it. This current set of scarves that I have on the loom is made with a yarn that I have never used before. Thinking that I had it under control I just measured it myself and didn’t look up the suggested sett.
Needless to say, I messed up a little bit.
I cut off this piece of weaving and then re-sleyed the reed at a tighter sett. I went from 12 ends per inch to now 16 ends per inch.
Problem solved! Sometimes, to do something right you have to do the things you hate the most (such as unweaving, cutting off some weaving and re-sleying.)